Boys day out coming up? Then you can’t go past these scrumptious chocolate-beer cupcakes.
So here’s the super simple recipe.
50g cocoa power
200ml Beer (stout style. I usually use a VB or something similair. The cheap, nasty tasting beer actually works quite well here)
110g very soft butter
275g brown sugar (really needs to be BROWN sugar)
2 large organic eggs
175g plain flower
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
- Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the beaten eggs. Adding gradually and ensuring that each bit is mixed in before adding more.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb soda.
- Gently mix in the cocoa and beer.
- Slowly add in the cocoa/beer mix to egg butter mix. Alternating between beer mix and flour mix. Fold in until all mixed
- Right now you should have a super light, chocolate mouse looking mixture.
- Evening distribute mixture between 12 large texas muffin pans.
- Cook at 180 (gas mark 4 or 350F) for approx 20mins. The cupcakes are ready when they spring back when gently touched in the middle.
- Leave to cool in a tin for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool further.
I like to frost these with a simple cream cheese frosting.
I was exceptionally excited to have my Kitchenaid returned from the service man. Can’t wait for some spare time to really use it.